Things Every Woman Should Know How To Do
1. Be single without having to tout yourself constantly as “single and loving it!”. You should be happy when you are single, but it shouldn’t be necessary that you have to tell people that you are happy. Does anyone question whether a single man is “lovin’ it”?
2. Know how to walk into a party, bathroom or a bar alone.
3. Ditch Marilyn Monroe as a role model. While Marilyn Monroe was a beautiful woman and a great role model in terms of body type/size, she should not be your role model. She was a troubled woman with an addiction to pills. Her claim to fame was her sex appeal. I nominate Benazir Bhutto for new tragic (not quite politically correct) role model in the ’10s. Leave this quote off your facebook profile: “If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything.” Pick up this quote: “You can imprison a man, but not an idea. You can exile a man, but not an idea. You can kill a man, but not an idea.”
4. Quit referring to extraordinary things you do as “girl power”. You’ve accomplished great things because you are great.
5. Stop judging others for their decisions with child raising. Natural childbirth, c-section, breast feeding, work at home mom, working mom, single mom, gluten-free diet, fast food diet. Whatever. It’s hard for everyone.