How do some people get a favorite book? I’ve been asking around and here are some of the reasons:
– the book (or the main character) reminds them of themselves.
– the book reminds them of a good period in their lives (they read the book while on their honeymoon or during their last year of high school, etc).
– the book encompasses an ideology they want to possess or feel that they do possess (hellz yeah Ayn Rand).
– it is the only book they ever read (To Kill A Mockingbird).
– they think they’ll be viewed as smarter/hipper if they claim that book (everyone that claims Infinite Jest is their favorite book).